Days 9 & 10
1. "God is pleased with those who worship him and trust his love." (Psalm 147:11)
2. "We please God by what we do and not only by what we believe." (James 2:24)
3. Just as we parents enjoy watching our children enjoy the gifts we give them, God enjoys watching us enjoy the gifts He gives us.
4. Worship is a lifestyle..."a living sacrifice to God, dedicated to his service and pleasing to him. This is the true worship that you should offer." (Romans 12:1)
5. Sacrifice, or surrendering, of your life is not resignation, fatalism, giving up rational thinking, or repressing your personality. Surrender is warring against our self-centered nature. And it is never just a one-time event. Being a living sacrifice is a lifelong practice of surrender.