Wednesday, December 21, 2011


It wasn't too long ago that I was thinking that I wanted a study that focused on the teachings of Jesus. And conveniently, R.P. Nettelhorst delivered. A Year With Jesus is a 365 day devotional guide that focuses on Jesus' own words. Each daily entry begins with Biblical text and concludes with reflections on the text by Nettelhorst. The daily entries are undated so that the reader can begin at any point during the year. The contents are organized in a very detailed table of contents and include the following general headings: Love and Hate, Truths and Lies, Arrogance and Humility, Friends and Enemies, Belief and Disbelief, Patience and Impatience, Deserved and Undeserved, Good and Evil, Fidelity and Treachery, and Life and Death. These daily readings will bring the reader to a closer relationship with the Savior and to a deeper understanding of our Lord.
I give A Year with Jesus by R.P. Nettlehorst 4 stars! I have no complaints, but I would like to see future editions with a spiral binding and space for writing thoughts and reflections. Thanks to booksneeze.com for the free, advanced readers copy in exchange for my review. I was not required to write a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment