Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Today, I started Rick Warren's 40 day challenge in his book, The Purpose Driven Life. I really enjoyed reading and studying and reflecting on what my purpose is in this life. I was able to spend about 45 minutes on it this morning, and I thought, "How in the world would I be able to fit this in if I was working?" It made me very thankful that I am able to be a stay-at-home mom with the flexibility and time to commit to studies such as this. And I thought, "You know, if I share a brief snippet of what I came away with each day on my blog, maybe someone out there who is a lot busier than me, can also benefit." So, if you feel so inclined, feel free to check in. My posts will just be the top 5 or so things that stood out to me. Here's what I took away today (and remember, I am speaking to myself):

1. It's not about you.

2. You were created BY God and FOR God's purpose. (Colossians 1:16)

3. You must DENY yourself to live for Jesus. Self-sacrifice, as opposed to self-help, is the answer. (Matthew 16:24)

4. God clearly reveals His purpose for us in His word and through His Spirit. Our relationship with Jesus allows His Holy Spirit to dwell in us and reveal to us the things of the Spirit, which those who are not followers of Jesus see as foolishness. (1 Corinthians 2:10,14)

5. God's purpose is designed for eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment